Whether you want to cut your own tree, pick a live tree and have it cut for you, buy a tree already cut or buy a living tree you can plant, this page provides detailed listings of Southwest-central Kansas's
choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms, places to buy pre-cut (also called pre-harvested and fresh-cut) trees, stands, sleigh rides,
hay rides and related winter events and fun. Some listings are for tree farms, others are tree lots, and some only offer hay rides, sleigh rides or other winter events. READ EACH LISTING to know what each facility offers. The farms are listed further down this page, so scroll down the page!
Since this service is free and open to ALL Christmas tree farms, not just those who belong to an association or pay for an ad, like almost all other websites
do, this is the most complete and current listing available! Help me keep this page complete and up to date, by
reporting any broken links or corrections needed or suggesting farms
My Christmas Tree guide has photos and descriptions of
more than 2 dozen varieties of Christmas trees, along with a simple comparison chart!
If it has just snowed; see
this page about how to make snocones from real snow!
Your kids will love it!
- ALWAYS see the the farm or store website or Facebook page, or call, BEFORE YOU GO
- Call to confirm their supply, their open dates and hours
and whether they have trees, check whether they are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available.
All can change from day to day during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and they don't all update me every day, let alone every year.
many farms and lots are selling out of trees early this year or have COVID-19 requirements - For
more tips to make your trip fun and successful, click here
- Expect supplies to be very limited in 2021 - get your tree soon after Thanksgiving. Many may be sold out by December 7th.
- Santa visits may not happen this year -Santa is in short supply, Santa is elderly, so even farms that are identified as normally having Santa visits may not be able to this year - be sure to check their
website if a visit with Santa is important to you.
- DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM (by phone, email or find current information on their website or Facebook page!
- Keep in mind that state government COVID dictates may force many farms to cancel Santa visits, hayrides, etc. this year. If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Southwest-central Kansas that you found their farm
here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information here up to date!
- After Christmas,
See this page for how and where to easily recycle or dispose of your Christmas tree!
And to recycle used, broken or old Christmas lights and electronics
See this page for local options to easily recycle your Christmas holiday lights
And if you know of one I missed and want to add it or correct the
information, please let me know! There are affiliate links on this page. Read our disclosure policy to learn more.
Updates for December 2021
December 2021: In a normal year, most Christmas tree farms are open up to Christmas Eve; but this year many farms are selling out
of trees and closing early for the season, and some decided not to open at all, due to all the COVID19 restrictions. Some are only open on weekends, or
only have hayrides, Santa visits and events on weekends. Demand will be high since people have been locked down and not allowed to do much
- but you CAN go to farms. And a farm may be the only place you can take your kids to see Santa. Of course, check with the farm BEFORE YOU GO; hours, tree
supplies, everything is changing daily!
And next Spring, you'll want to take your children to a free Easter egg hunt
see our companion website to find a local Easter Egg hunt - (www.EasterEggHuntsAndEasterEvents.org)
. It's the ONLY website that is updated every Easter for all Easter Egg hunts in
Christmas tree farms, lots and activities, sorted by county
Click on Resources above, if you need a county map
- Delp Christmas Tree Farm
- Christmas trees- you choose and you cut, precut trees,
flocking, Wreaths, Swags and Candy Canes, Tree Stands, Ornaments
2 NE 30th Street, St John, KS. Email:
Directions: east side of Highway 281 in St. John, Kansas, approximately, two miles north of
the intersection of Highways 281 and 50. For specific driving directions, visit
the Mapquest website
and enter your starting location. open:
We officially open for the Christmas season, on Friday after Thanksgiving; then Monday to Friday: 1 pm to 6 pm, Saturday: 9 am to 6 pm, Sunday: 1 pm to 6 pm. After making your selection, help yourself to peanuts and hot apple
cider (candy canes for the kids), and warm-up by the fire in our office.
In addition to fresh Christmas trees, we also offer a wide variety of other
Christmas items, including: ,Flocked Trees (assorted colors...even KSU purple and KU blue or red).
Christmas tree varieties:
You-Choose and You-Cut varieties:
Eastern White Pine,
Southwestern White Pine,
Concolor Fir, Douglas Fir.