- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO to confirm their supply, their hours
and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available.
All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and they don't all update me every day, let alone every year. For
more tips to make your trip fun
and successful, click here!
DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM BY PHONE OR EMAIL!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in South Africa that you found their farm here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-you-own farms, click here .
- Crop availability / harvest schedule for fruit and vegetables, click here
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
Pick-your-own Christmas tree farms in South Africa
Be sure to check prices with the farms; they may be out of date. There must be more Christmas tree farms and lots in South Africa, but there sure do hide well!
If you know of any, write me !
Northland (Far North, Kaipara, Whangarei)
The Eastern Cape Province
The Free State Province
The Northern Cape Province
North West Province
The Western Cape Province
Other information about Christmas in South Africa:
Harvest Calendar in South Africa
There's plenty to pick in South Africa! Click here for the PYO fruit and vegetable farms list!
South Africa Pick-your-own calendar
|December||Raspberries, Strawberries, Loganberries, Boysenberries, Tayberries, Silvanberries, Cherries, Peaches|
|January||Raspberries, Strawberries, Loganberries, Boysenberries, Tayberries, Silvanberries, Black Currents, Cherries, Apricots|
|February||Apples, Raspberries, Strawberries, Apricots, Nectarines, Peaches|
|March||Apples, Raspberries (Fall crop), Strawberries, Nectarines, Peaches|
|April||Apples, Raspberries (Fall crop), Strawberries|
|Apples, Raspberries (Fall crop), Strawberries|
|June||Raspberries (Fall crop)|
In addition to listings of U Pick farms, I hope the following pages are helpful to you!
- Picking Tips!
- General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable
- How much to I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)
- Selecting the right varieties to pick
- All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!
- Picking tips for Vegetables
- Strawberry picking tips
- Blueberries picking tips
- Simple instructions:
- Canning and Freezing
Complete Water Bath Canner Kit
This is the same type of standard canner that my grandmother
used to make everything from applesauce to jams and jellies to tomato and
spaghetti sauce! This complete kit includes everything you need and
lasts for years:
the canner, jar rack, jar grabber tongs,
lid lifting wand, six pint jars with lids and rings, a plastic funnel,
labels, bubble freer, and the bible of canning, the Ball Blue Book. It's
much cheaper than buying the items separately. You'll
never need anything else except more jars and lids!
Average Customer Review:
Lids, Rings, Jars, mixes, pectin, etc.
Need lids, rings and replacement jars? Or pectin to make jam, spaghetti sauce or salsa mix or pickle mixes? Get them all here, and usually at lower prices than your local store!