Whether you want to cut your own tree, pick a live tree and have it cut for you, buy a tree already cut or buy a living tree you can plant, this page provides detailed listings of Australia's choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms, places to buy pre-cut (also called pre-harvested and fresh-cut) trees, stands, sleigh rides, hay rides and related winter events and fun. Some listings are for tree farms, others are tree lots, and some only offer hay rides, sleigh rides or other winter events. READ EACH LISTING to know what each facility offers. The farms are listed further down this page, so scroll down the page! Since this service is free and open to ALL Christmas tree farms, not just those who belong to an association or pay for an ad, like almost all other websites do, this is the most complete and current listing available! I'm always looking for more to add, and to correct any inaccuracies or errors, so if you encounter any, please email me!
- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO to confirm their supply, their hours
and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available.
All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and they don't all update me every day, let alone every year. For
more tips to make your trip fun
and successful, click here!
DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM BY PHONE OR EMAIL!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Australia that you found their farm here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-you-own farms, click here.
- Crop availability / harvest schedule for fruit and vegetables, click here
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
Just click on the link to your area of Australia, then scroll down the new page that opens. The most common variety grown is the Monterey Pine, but if you look around, you will find some others, like the Blue Spruce. Be sure to check prices with the farms; many don't update me every year. There must be more Christmas tree farms and lots in Australia, but there sure do hide well! If you know of any, write me!Choose your area of Australia:
- New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and Young
- Northern territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Other information about Christmas in Australia:
- Christmas in Australia and this website as well
- How one typical Australia family celebrates Christmas
- Australian Christmas Recipes
- More Australian Christmas Recipes
- Native Australian Christmas Plants
- Australian Lyrics to 12 Days of Christmas
- Lyrics to Six Whiteboomers
- Loxton city Christmas Lights.
- DIY Christmas Lights.
- Aussie Claus.
- Santa's Workshop Light Design
Harvest Calendar in Australia
There's plenty to pick in Australia! Click here for the PYO fruit and vegetable farms list!
Australia Pick-your-own calendar
|December||Raspberries, Strawberries, Loganberries, Boysenberries, Tayberries, Silvanberries, Cherries, Peaches|
|January||Raspberries, Strawberries, Loganberries, Boysenberries, Tayberries, Silvanberries, Black Currents, Cherries, Apricots|
|February||Apples, Raspberries, Strawberries, Apricots, Nectarines, Peaches|
|March||Apples, Raspberries (Fall crop), Strawberries, Nectarines, Peaches|
|April||Apples, Raspberries (Fall crop), Strawberries|
|Apples, Raspberries (Fall crop), Strawberries|
|June||Raspberries (Fall crop)|
In addition to listings of U Pick farms, I hope the following pages are helpful to you!
- Picking Tips!
- General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable
- How much to I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)
- Selecting the right varieties to pick
- All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!
- Picking tips for Vegetables
- Strawberry picking tips
- Blueberries picking tips
- Simple instructions:
- Canning and Freezing
Complete Water Bath Canner Kit
This is the same type of standard canner that my grandmother
used to make everything from applesauce to jams and jellies to tomato and
spaghetti sauce! This complete kit includes everything you need and
lasts for years:
the canner, jar rack, jar grabber tongs,
lid lifting wand, six pint jars with lids and rings, a plastic funnel,
labels, bubble freer, and the bible of canning, the Ball Blue Book. It's
much cheaper than buying the items separately. You'll
never need anything else except more jars and lids!
Average Customer Review:
Lids, Rings, Jars, mixes, pectin, etc.
Need lids, rings and replacement jars? Or pectin to make jam, spaghetti sauce or salsa mix or pickle mixes? Get them all here, and usually at lower prices than your local store!
Visitors to Pick-your-own.org since September 10, 2003: