Whether you want to cut your own tree, pick a live tree and have it cut for you, buy a tree already cut or buy a living tree you can plant, this page provides detailed listings of Las Vegas and Southeastern Nevada's
choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms, places to buy pre-cut (also called pre-harvested and fresh-cut) trees, stands, sleigh rides,
hay rides and related winter events and fun. Some listings are for tree farms, others are tree lots, and some only offer hay rides, sleigh rides or other winter events. READ EACH LISTING to know what each facility offers. The farms are listed further down this page, so scroll down the page! Since this service is free and open to ALL Christmas tree farms, not just those who belong to an association or pay for an ad, like almost all other websites do, this is the most complete and current listing available! I'm always looking for more to add, and to correct any inaccuracies or errors, so if you encounter any,
please email me
If it has just snowed; see
this page about how to make snocones from real snow!
Your kids will love it!
- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO
- many farms and lots are selling out of trees early this year - Call to confirm their supply, their hours
and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available.
All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and they don't all update me every day, let alone every year. For
more tips to make your trip fun and successful, click here
DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM (by phone, email or find current information on their website or Facebook page!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Las Vegas and Southeastern Nevada that you found their farm
here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
- After Christmas, click here to find how
how and where to easily recycle or dispose of your Christmas tree!
And to recycle used, broken or old Christmas lights and electronics
See this page for local options to easily recycle your Christmas holiday lights
And if you know of one I missed and want to add it or correct the
information, please let me know
Updates for January 2019
January: Most Christmas tree farms open on the Friday right after Thanksgiving
and are open up to Christmas Eve.Some are only open on weekends, or only have
hayrides, Santa visits and events on weekends.
And next Spring, you'll want to take your children to a free Easter egg hunt
see our companion website to find a local Easter Egg hunt - (www.EasterEggHuntsAndEasterEvents.org)
. It's the ONLY website that is updated every Easter for all Easter Egg hunts in
Christmas tree farms, lots and activities, sorted by county
Click on Resources above, if you need a county map
- Mckee Ranch Family Ranch Pumpkin Patch
- Precut Christmas
trees, (no cut-your-own trees), Christmas-themed park, Christmas
wreaths, Santa appearances, Christmas decorations, winter wagon rides,
snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, face painting, pony rides, farm
animals, birthday parties, weddings and wedding parties, school tours
8982 Dean Martin Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89139. Phone: 702-361-9606. Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions: Silverton Lodge and Casino
is at Blue Diamond Road and Dean Martin Dr. One mile south is McKee
Ranch at Raven avenue and Dean Martin Dr., 8982 Dean Martin Dr. Look for
the sign! And for a map to our farm,
Crops are usually available in All year. Open: Monday to
Sunday 8 am to 11 pm to the public (EXCEPT during event hours) McKee Ranch
Family Easter Ranch Egg Hunt Saturday March 22 only 11 am to 12 pm 12:30pm
to 1:30pm ; 2 pm to 3 pm ; 3:30pm 4:30pm Pumpkin Patch October 14 to 30
Tuesday to Thursday 3 to 7 pm Friday Saturday and Sunday 10 to 7 pm
Holiday Ranch Friday December 6 to 21 Saturday and Sunday 2 to 8 pm.
Payment: Cash, only.
Christmas tree varieties:
PreCut varieties: Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Noble Fir.
Seasonal Adventures Centennal - Precut Christmas trees, Christmas wreaths,
garlands, mistletoe, trees tied, free tree trimmings, winter train rides,
porta-potties, picnic area (bring your own food), inflatables/bounce house,
carnival rides, petting zoo, birthday parties, school tours
Centennial Center Way., Las Vegas, NV. 89149. Phone: (805) 532-2333. Email:
email@example.com. Open: Open Monday through Sunday 9 am to 9 pm; Open for the season November 22 through Christmas Eve at 5 pm.
Directions: Located on the corner of Murrieta Hot Springs and Winchester.
Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard, Discover.
Click here for our Facebook page. We offer Military Discounts Have many
other locations Pumpkin Patch: Specials on Rides and inflatables Monday
Christmas tree varieties:
PreCut varieties: Fraser
Fir, Grand Fir, Noble Fir, Nordman Fir.
Henderson - Green Valley - 842
Kelso Dunes Rd., Henderson, NV 89014. Phone: (805) 532-2333
Henderson - Saint Rose - 251 Coronado Center Dr., Henderson, NV. 89052. Phone: (805)
Las Vegas - IKEA - 6555 S. Riley
St., Las Vegas, NV. 89148. Phone: (805) 532-2333
Las Vegas - Rainbow -
9200 S. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas, NV. 89139. Phone: (805) 532-2333
(ADDED: August 12, 2018)
You can also get a permit to cut a tree from the forests. Here's how:
The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City Field Office, and the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Carson Ranger District will sell Christmas tree permits beginning November 22 and ending December 24 at a variety of locations across western Nevada and eastern California. The agencies conduct Christmas tree sales to thin small trees in overstocked areas and to provide recreational experiences for local residents. Some cutting areas may not be accessible after snowfall, so it is advisable to cut trees early in the season. The nonrefundable permits from both agencies are valid through December 25.
- Tree cutters should bring along their own saws, warm clothing, a first-aid kit, extra food and water, heavy rope or chain and shovel and tire chains in the event of bad road conditions or inclement weather.
- Permits are $10 each. There is a limit of two trees per household and 3,500 permits will be sold.
Permits for Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest trees - white fir, Jeffrey pine and incense cedar - must be purchased in person at the following locations:
- Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Supervisors Office, 1200 Franklin Way, Sparks 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, call 331-6444.
- Carson Ranger District Office, 1536 S. Carson Street, Carson City, 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, call 882-2766.
- Alpine County Chamber of Commerce, No. 3 Webster Street, Markleeville; 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week, call (530) 694-2475.
Piñon pine trees will be available for $5 each on designated BLM lands in the following locations: Pine Nut Mountains between Carson City and Yerington; the Clan Alpine and Desatoya Mountains east of Fallon and the Excelsior Mountains southeast of Hawthorne. Limit of two permits per household. Permits are nonrefundable. Both the Interagency Information Center in Reno and the BLM-Carson City Field Office will accept phone credit card orders or check/credit card mail orders.
Locations to by permits for BLM piñon pines:
- BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road, Carson City, NV 89701; 7:30 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and 8 am to 4 pm Saturday after Thanksgiving, December 4, 11 and 18), call 885-6000.
- BLM-Nevada State Office, 1340 Financial Blvd., Reno, NV 89520-0006, 7:30-4:30 pm Monday through Friday, call 861-6500.
- USDA Farm Service Agency (Minden), Hickey Building, 1702 County Road Suite 1A, Minden, NV 89423, telephone 782-3661.
- USDA Farm Service Agency (Fallon), 111 Sheckler Road, Fallon, NV 89406, telephone 423-5127
- USDA Farm Service Agency (Yerington), 215 W. Bridge Street, Yerington, NV 89447, telephone 463-2265.
- Cold Springs Station, 52300 Austin Highway, Fallon, NV 89406, telephone 423-1233
- Community Action Center, 701 E Street, P.O. Box 331, Hawthorne, NV 89415, phone 945-2471.
- Douglas County Sheriff Substations (accepts checks only, no cash), North Valley, 267-3692, Topaz Ranch Estates 266-1028, Tillman 265-7090.
- Old Middlegate Station, 42500 Austin Highway, Highway 50 and 361 (east of Fallon), Middlegate, NV 89406, telephone 423-7134.